Automate Your Builds and Testing with Bitrise
Podcast - What’s Your Plan for 2021 Development?
January 02, 2021 · 2 min read
Mentioned in this episode
- Swift and SwiftUI are a given, we all get those skills for free as we work with Apple platforms.
- What’s your niche or main focus going to be? AR, VR, Audio, Maps, video, Games?
- Are you going to review your toolset and drop the ones you never use or continue to keep them around?
- What about learning resources? Are there courses or books you paid for but never got around to working with?
- What subscriptions do you have that maybe you no longer need because you never use them or they never get updated? Are you still getting value from them?
- Did you use repetitive code last year in projects that you could turn into a framework or library?
- Did you do any or enough testing last year, is that something you can improve on this year?
- Have you updated your code bases to the latest versions of Swift or any other language you use? Did you deal with deprecations and API changes?
- Are you branches in source control nice and clean with old ones merged and removed?
- How about automating those builds so you never fall behind or have to remember to take care of them? I can recommend BitRise for simplifying the process and taking the pain out of it.
- How well did you document last year? is that something you can do better this year, maybe you didn’t do it at all?
Support This Podcast
If you would like to support this Podcast and get ad-free downloads